|Supported games:||GTA III, GTA VC, GTA SA|
Mod Loader is a plugin that adds an user-friendly and easy way to install and uninstall modifications into the game without changing anything in the game installation. The user only needs to put the mods in the modloader directory and that's all.
Mod Loader won the Best Tool award on the GTANet Annual Awards 2014.
- Do not replace any original file, all the mods are installed by injection on the fly!
- The user can give several versions of the same data file and the loader will take care of merging them together!
- The user does not need to manually take data lines from readme files, the loader is able to identify them and inject them in!
- Changes made to the directory while the game is running are applied immediately!
- Game menu for configurations, providing a even easier management of mods!
- Profiles allowing the user to have many games in one.
- Dynamic loading screen, removing the flickering when there are too few gta.dat entries (usually on TCs).
- Bug-free sound modding.
Mod Loader supports all the files the default game provides with the addition of some files well known in the modding scene. The supported file types are:
- ASI plugins, CLEO plugins and D3D9 hooks.
- Data files, IPL files, IDE files and decision makers.
- Streamed resources, such as models and textures.
- Generic files, , effects, script sprites and img archives.
- SFX files including wave files directly on disk.
- stream tracks.
- SCM files and CLEO scripts.
- GXT and FXT game text files.
- Intro movies.
Profiles are the basic configuration system for Mod Loader. By default
modloader.ini contains a Default profile but the user can create additional profiles either by creating a new ini with the profile content in
modloader/.profiles or appending the profile to
modloader.ini itself. Notice that profile names are not case-sensitive!.
Profiles let you create a group of mods to load, files to ignore, exclusive mods and so on.
To make use a profile switch the current profile set the
Profile key in
modloader.ini, send a command line
-modprof followed by the profile name to use, or have a
UseIfModule condition on it.
The following configuration keys can be specified in the
|Parents||Profiles to inherit configurations from (comma delimited) (IncludeMods list, Configs, and so on).|
Special values are $Current for the profile currently set in
|IgnoreAllMods||Ignores all mods in the |
|ExcludeAllMods||Ignores all mods in the |
|UseIfModule||This profile is forced to be used by Mod Loader if the specified executable/dll module is loaded.|
The following list sections are available:
|[Profiles.ProfileName.IgnoreMods]||All the mods in this list are ignored by the profile while scanning for mods.|
|[Profiles.ProfileName.IncludeMods]||All the mods in this list are going to be used even when ExcludeAllMods is set to true.|
|[Profiles.ProfileName.ExclusiveMods]||Any mod in this list will be loaded ONLY by this profile, any other profile will have this mod automatically ignored.|
If another profile has a similar exclusive mod, both will have the mods as exclusive and use them
|[Profiles.ProfileName.IgnoreFiles]||All wildcards in this list are ignored by the profile while scanning for files.|
|[Profiles.ProfileName.Priority]||Defines mods priorities, that's if two mods modify the same file which should have precedence over the other.|
Mod Loader has support for command lines arguments to the game executable, possible commands are:
||Only the specified mod is going to be loaded.|
This command line can be sent more than once to specify varios mods to be loaded.
||The specified profile will be used|
||Disables any mod from loading.|
-modprofcommand lines are mutually exclusive.
-modprofcommand line are used a anonymous profile is created so any changes to the related profiles aren't saved/loaded.
- GTAGarage download
- GTAForums topic
- Mod Loader Repository - source code
- ^ GTAForums: Awards 2014 Winners
|Grand Theft Auto: Vice City|
|File Formats||.adf • .b • .col • .cfg • .dff • .dat • .gxt • .ide • .ifp • .img/.dir • .ipl • .raw/.sdt • .rep • .set • .scm • .txd|
|Documentation||Audio • Handling • Map Listing • Opcodes • RenderWare • Script Paths • Saves • Sound Effects • Statistics • Vehicles • Wanted levels • Weapons|
|Tools||CLEO • Collision File Editor II • G-Tools • GXT Editor • IMG Tool • Limit Adjuster • KEd (map editor) • Sanny Builder • TXD Workshop • Magic.TXD|
|Tutorials||How to create a mission • How to create a script • Vehicle Mod Installation|
|Grand Theft Auto III|
|File Formats||.b • .col • .cfg • .dff • .dat • .gxt • .ide • .ifp • .img • .ipl • .raw/.sdt • .set • .scm • .txd|
|Documentation||Audio • Handling.cfg • Map Listing • Opcodes • Paths • RenderWare • Saves • Sound Effects • Statistics • Vehicles • Wanted levels • Weapons|
|Tools||CLEO • Collision File Editor II • G-Tools • IMG Tool • Map Editor • Sanny Builder • TXD Workshop • Magic.TXD • Water Editor|
|Tutorials||How to create a mission • How to create a script • How to use Map Editor • Vehicle Mod Installation|